I'm planning a trip to Turkey in about 3 weeks and was extremely confused about which area to stay in. I had 2 hotels narrowed down as well: The Marmara Pera near Iskitlal and The House Hotel in Nisantasi. I'm going with my husband and another couple. We're in our late 20s and we're obviously keen on nightlife, restaurants, cafes, and a lively environment while still not being stuck in a super touristy area. Let's just say that I wouldn't stay in Times Square in New York or the Champs Elysees in Paris, but rather in the Upper West with the cafes and the St. Germain area (near the 5th arr.) respectively.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 5 Milan airport--which one
- 6 Trains - website?
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Visit to France
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 14 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 15 First time in Spain
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 Paris Apartment
- 18 New fast track
- 19 Packing Champagne
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 23 Once upon a time in Italy
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Private Driver in Malaga Spain