Bestfares stopover specials - To easy?

Jan 31st, 2002, 05:26 AM
Mike

Bestfares stopover specials - To easy?

My family and I will be flying to europe this summer. Does this make sense if I become a member?
We want to fly from detroit into london and 15 days later fly out of frankfurt back to detroit.
Could we buy your one stop tickets to london + Frankfurt exampleFree Stopover: 21 U.S. Cities To London + Frankfurt From $###RT Kids $###) ,
tour europe and end up in Frankfort 15 days later and then catch the return flight from
Frankfurt to Detroit? In essence, we wouldn't get back on plane after london, just for the return leg from Frankfurt 15 days later?this seems to easy.

love this board. mike

Jan 31st, 2002, 06:19 AM
A.M.

Hello Mike,
I think what you are trying to do is called "open jaw" travel (fly to one city, return from another). It can easily be done directly thru your selected airlines and often at the same price as simple return tickets. I do this alot, last April we flew to Rome and returned from Paris, actually less expensive than Rome return (less distance,I guess).
A stopover fare, as I understand it is the allowance to stop at a second city before continuing on to your destination city, at no extra cost, ie: going from Detroit stopping in London for a couple of days then going on to frankfurt BY PLANE and then return from Frankfurt.
I have not read the bestfares ad, my advice is to check with the airlines for the 1st option or go to travelocity and search thru "multiple destinations"
Hope I have helped.
A.M.

Jan 31st, 2002, 09:02 AM
Tom

There is no point paying for a membership, unless you are unable to find a better or equal deal on your own.

Jan 31st, 2002, 09:25 AM
Christina

Yes, AM is giving you good advice -- I don't think you are looking at the right ticket for what you want, which is not a stopover.

I would not pay for membership on principle to any organization to buy things, I don't believe in that. You know by definition they are making money off your fees and there are so many places to get discount fares without paying for a yearly membership. (full disclosure, I can't stand Tom Parsons' ego).

Jan 31st, 2002, 09:43 AM
Don

The London stopover fares are from British Airways. You can book those on your own without the $60/year middleman.

Jan 31st, 2002, 10:39 AM
mike

once again this board has helped me.
thanks for the response, i'll check bristish airways.
Mike