Reload this Page >

Best Western Hotel (Le Jardin de Cluny)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 04:18 PM
A

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this particular hotel? What district is it on? It's suppose to be 500 meters from Notre Dame. Can anyone give their input. THanks!

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Alice

Haven't stayed in it, but did you see the 'situation' map on the booking site called http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75005cluny.htm ? It is in the 5th arrondisement, and does look reasonably close to Notre Dame.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 07:06 PM
s.fowler

We stayed here in 1992. It was [and I think still is] part of the Best Western group of hotels. It is on a small street that runs parallel to and just south of blvd St. Germain. While the street [rue de Sommerard I think] is quiet, the location is definitely in the middle of the left bank! The hotel was fine. Well run. Good front desk. In retrospect the rooms seem a bit bigger than the ones we've had in Paris since. It has the usual romanesque breakfast cellar. The pictures I have seen on the web since show that the rooms have been redone since our visit. I'm not good on what 500 meters equals, but it's a bit of a walk to the river and then to Notre Dame. If I don't seem "thrilled", it's because it was a long time ago. The only reason we didn't return to the hotel was that we like to change neighborhoods. It was a good choice for two people who hadn't been to Paris in a long time. Well located and well run.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Fred

Haven't stayed there but people who did who did said: <BR>rooms are small, but modern <BR>small hotel on a small street <BR>near Sorbonne <BR>good location, modern and nice rooms <BR>It was very nice <BR>on a quiet street in a good location and friendly service <BR>not at all like a chain hotel <BR>Not expensive and adequate rooms <BR>modern and nice rooms <BR>Very pleasant staff <BR>All around a great experience <BR>For more go to: www.anamericaninparis.com <BR>[email protected]

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 12:26 PM
leslie

We stayed there 2 years ago and would definitely return. It is very close to the subway and near an outdoor market(do not remember which days the market is open). The hotel is clean and well managed. As I recall, the rooms are rather small.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 01:30 PM
Christina

There was that exact question on this forum a few months ago, you could probably find it with a search on "cluny". Sometimes those searches take forever or don't work so well, though, I've noticed. Anyway, I stayed there maybe 5 yrs ago and posted in that prior thread which is why I said that. I didn't care for it and thought it was overpriced and didn't like the location that well for convenience, but it was okay (it's kind of up a hill and not many restaurants nearby at night, depending on how far you want to walk). The staff were very nice, I just was not impressed with the room. Rooms vary a lot in Parisian hotels, others in that hotel could be okay, it wasn't hopeless. Oh, it was real noisy at night due to staff banging stuff in this central airshaft until very late, which really irritated me.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Paul J

Although we've not stayed at this hotel you can find a LOT of information by typing in www.bestwestern.com Then type in Paris and France. You will get pictures,amenities,maps,rates and availabilty at this particular hotel. I've used this for stays in Germany, Austria, and Italy and have always been happy with the Best Western accomadations. Best part is you can get instant availability and confirmation. It's worked very well for us......Paul J