Best Web Site for European Weather

Jun 27th, 2001, 08:40 AM
chris

Best Web Site for European Weather

Where can I find solid weather information on the web about Europe...including forcasts.

Jun 27th, 2001, 09:12 AM
xxx

www.weather.com

Jun 27th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Santa Chiara

CNNWeather Europe. It is most accurate weather site (or TV station) that I know.

Jun 27th, 2001, 10:40 AM
Santa Chiara

P.S. xxx, I checked out weather.com after posting. Looks pretty good. Thanks for the info.

Jun 27th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Paul

Good luck. I have tried this often just before we left for Europe. There are a number of sites I found via a search engine and they almost always disagree in temperature; 5-10 degrees F different and some say sun and others rain for the same day. No one site has been better or worse than any other but weather.com was usually the worst in my experience.

Jun 27th, 2001, 03:50 PM
chris

Well, I find weather.com to be difficult to use when it comes to looking for European weather...that is why I posted this thread.

CNN is definately better than weather.com... I was hoping that maybe another European site was out there.

Jun 27th, 2001, 04:14 PM
s.fowler

I use my.yahoo.com to personalize a "homepage" for news and weather [and local film listings!] Whatever weather service they use works for me. I keep a changing list of places I watch -- where I'm going -- where I have friends etc...

Jun 27th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Kathy

Check out weatherbase.com for historical info re: temp highs and lows and rainfall. Let's keep in mind the accuracy of all weather forcasting. When my local TV station went to a five day forcast, after they had difficulty predicting a three day forcast,I emailed them about the change. They indicated that this was the way to go...they now have expanded to an EIGHT day forcast. If you follow the forcast on a daily basis days 4-8 change daily... so what is the point??

Jun 27th, 2001, 04:23 PM
Kathy

Sorry about all the typos...I should have said FORECAST.

Jun 27th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Linda

One of my favorites is wunderground.com

Jun 27th, 2001, 05:25 PM
mj

Need _solid_ weather observations/forecasts?
Try: http://www.phd.nl/aviation/wx/
Use the drop down box in the upper left corner of their home page to access cloud cover, precip. and temp maps for up to 144 hrs. ahead.

Jun 28th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Martha

I have had really good luck with www.intellicast.com. It is usually fairly accurate. Just click on travel in the left hand column.

Jun 28th, 2001, 09:41 AM
AnnaC

www.met-office.gov.uk is the best for UK weather, and covers Europe too, although I can't speak for its accuracy there. This website belongs to the Meteorological Office from which most, if not all, of the weather forecasts you will find in Britain originate, be they on TV, radio or in the newspapers.

Nov 12th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Kathy B.

top!

Nov 13th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Mel

Try

www.bbc.co.uk/weather

- it will give 5 day forecasts for most cities in the world. And being in Europe, will include the smaller cities and towns too which might be missed by the US sites.

Nov 13th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Shelley

Try Intellicast. I think it is intellicast.com It gives about a 7 day forecast, and it is international so it is a one stop shop. It also gives the sunrise and sunset for people planning their schedule. Hope this helps!

Nov 13th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Michelle

My favorite is wunderground.com

Nov 13th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Myriam

The one and only http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/

Nov 13th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Tammy

Hi. I've used all the other sites but found Yahoo weather to be the best

Nov 13th, 2001, 10:33 AM
WillardScott

First, happy birthday to Mildred in Kansas. She's a spry 120 years young.

For forward weather information, try www.worldclimate.com. It'll show weather averages (temp., precip.) by month for hundreds of locations. Just type in a location and choose a weather station.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO