Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Best way to travel from Milan to French and Italian Riveras in November
Notices

Best way to travel from Milan to French and Italian Riveras in November

Sep 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Best way to travel from Milan to French and Italian Riveras in November

We plan to fly into Milan then travel to Nice and across through Monaco to Portofino then back out of Milan. What is the best way to travel from Milan, and about ..... by car , rail, or both?
Sep 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM
LJ

If you are a driver with previous experience on European highways,then the car is your best option especially as you are considering the resort areas of Italy in November. You may want to flee back to Milan when you experience the impact of November weather on Italian seaside towns! Pretty bleak when it rains and the wind howls and every second tratorria and charming small hotel is "Closed for the Season"!

I don't mean to sound discouraging and I have no experience of the French Riveria which may be considerably different in climate and less prone to the strict definitions of appropriate seasonal activities that the Italians hold so dear.

Personally, I would build a trip to France and Italy around cities at this time of year. Then, if you get do lucky with the weather that car can get you out to the ocean beauty spots in good time.

Best of luck!

Search this Thread