Best way to get to Furore from Naples

Apr 26th, 2001, 07:32 AM
Barbara

Best way to get to Furore from Naples

We will be staying at Hotel Bacco in Furore and will need to get there from Naples or Sorrento. We are not driving,so we were wondering if there is a ferry that would go there or would it be better to take the train to Sorrento, then take a bus or taxi,also does anyone know just how expensive a taxi would be from Sorrento to the hotel? And has anyoune stayed at this hotel, we heard the restaraunt is quite good. Thanks, Barbara

Apr 27th, 2001, 10:51 AM
Mike

Can no-one help?

Apr 27th, 2001, 11:46 AM
dale

visited the amalfo coast a year ago. take the circumvesuviana train from naples to sorrento. across the street from the sorrento train station is a sita bus leaving for amalfi. these blue busses are the best transportation from sorrento to salerno. they vary from their timetables very little. as i recall furore si near priano, but is not on the coast road, rather, up above the road. ask the driver how to get to furore center. you may have to go to amalfi and get a cab. hope this vague discourse helps. fyi, there was an article on furore in la cucina italiana a year or so ago. buon viaggio.

Apr 27th, 2001, 06:04 PM

Apr 28th, 2001, 02:44 AM
Steve James

Hello Barbera,

Dale's suggestion would certainly be the cheapest. You should be able to get a taxi from Praiano (-which is only 5 minutes away from Furore). Do you know how far your hotel is from the main road?

A taxi from Sorrento would not be cheap. Even though it's only 20km, you would be paying for his return journey empty. My guess would be 150.000lire. (From Naples you'd probably pay 180.000-200.000lire)

There are ferry/hydrofoil services from Naples to Positano and Amalfi in high season, so that is an option too.

Let me know if I can be of any more help...

Steve

Apr 28th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Steve James

P.S. I've just done a quick search, - there is actually a direct bus service between Naples and Furore, - which may be the most convenient option (- certainly the cheapest). It's not a very frequent service, but would save you changing, - or using a taxi...