Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

?Best way to get tickets to "Phantom" in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 06:40 PM
kathy

Two of us want to see "Phantom" in London in September. Has anyone had dealings with Fenchurch Booking Agency (London) via email? Their price quote is 44.75 British pounds (each)for good seats. Is there a better way to do it? Thanks to all who respond.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 07:29 PM
Boris

You can also try Ticketmaster's UK site at: <BR> <BR>www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 07:33 PM
Norma

<BR>I just purchased Les Miserables tickets by using www.ticketmaster.co.uk. Fast, easy, and my tickets arrived in hand in less than one week. Ticketmaster United Kingdon handles all theater and music events. <BR> <BR>Have fun.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 07:45 PM
Flora

Hi Kathy. I believe "Phantom" tickets cost about 32.50 British Pounds for the good seats, so you are paying about $20.00USD service fee per ticket. You might try calling the theatre directly. There is a web site - www.londontheatre.co.uk - which has phone numbers and theatre seating plans for all London venues. Their service fee for mailing the tickets to you is nominal. <BR>Or you can do what we did last March - our decision was last minute and we joined the queue for last minute returns. Because of drop outs in front of us, we ended up at the front of the queue and were offered excellent seats approximately 30 minutes prior to showtime. We did this for a Wednesday matinee - possibly it would be more difficult to accomplish this for an evening performance. FYI - this show is fantastic! We had seen "Phantom" twice previously in the US and there is no comparison. It is so much better in London. Good luck!

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 11:00 PM
Aj

Try the Edwards & Edwards ticket agency in New York. There's an 800-line but I don't have it. The E&E people are very efficient. <BR> <BR>Also, the advice to phone the theater direct is good. The cost isn't all that much. Box offices open about noon, London time. (don't forget the time difference). <BR>

Old Jul 31st, 1998, 06:21 AM
kathy

Thanks for advice, I phoned the theatre directly ($1.15/minute from US) and in 3 minutes had very good seats reserved, credit card info given, better price than the booking agencies. Kathy