Hi again everyone,
I have a rough itinerary of our tour around Switzerland thanks to your help planning, and just need to decide where to leave from...
Currently, we will be leaving Switzerland from Zermatt, and due to being restricted to public transport, will be taking a train to Como in Italy. As per maps and the train itinerary, this is going to take us anywhere from 5.5hrs to 6.5hrs, and that's just the journey alone...
Is it a scenic journey from Zermatt to Como and therefore, worth the travel time? Or am I better off switching my itenerary, leaving from Lucerne and heading south to Como? This journey is around 3.5hrs and seems to have less change overs.
To give some background, my plan was as follows:
1) Arrive in Lucerne,Stay 2 x nights
2 Travel via train to Lauterbrunnen, stay 3 x nights
3) Travel via train to Zermatt, stay for 2 x nights.
I can switch the Itinerary around to Zermat, Lauterbrunnen then Lucerne, so just need to know which will work better!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 2 Barcelona to Malaga
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 5 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 6 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 7 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 8 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 9 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 10 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 11 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 14 Moscow Hotels
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Packing Champagne
- 17 Manchester hotels
- 18 Visit to France
- 19 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 20 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 21 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 22 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 23 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 24 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 25 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
Hi again everyone,