Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best way to get from San Sebastian city centre to Anoeta Stadium

Old Sep 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from the city centre to the stadium? We're going to U2 concert at the end of the month and although we will have a car, I was hoping there might be public transportation from the city centre? I'm having trouble finding this info online so I was hoping someone here might know.

If a car is the best method, I assume there's a huge parking lot nearby? That was hard to tell on the stadium website as well. (I guess my Spanish isn't what it used to be!) ;-)

Thanks!
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Anyone???

Unfortunately, our hotel didn't have any suggestions other than taking a taxi. I'm not sure that's the best solution since we're not familiar with the area. It'll be very crowded when the show gets out so I'm not sure how we'd ever meet up with a taxi.

I guess one of the big obsticles is that the show is on a Sunday and public transportation doesn't run very late.

Any ideas appreciated....
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 07:54 AM

It's just one mile or some 20 mins easy walking north (inland) from the city centre. Taxis are everywhere. Will probably also be a lot of buses going back and forth all the time. Forget about driving your own car.
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Really, the stadium is only about a 20 minute walk? We're staying at Villa Soro. I wonder why the concierge didn't suggest that? It certainly sounds doable!
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM

San Sebastián is a small city and you can go walking anywhere, so take it easy, it´s a nice promenade...
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 01:18 PM

10-15 mins more from Villa Soro (a little bit east of the city center), but a nice walk anyhow.
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 08:00 PM

The Villa Soro should be able to point them in the right direction, or even provide them with a taxi (or bicycle) if they can't walk that far. I'll have to talk to Aroa about that.
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Ha! Yes, we're fine walking. I just never imagined the stadium is that close to our hotel. On the map, it looks much further than walking distance.

Thanks everyone!
Old Sep 20th, 2010, 12:05 AM

Hi!

From Villa Soro to Anoeta Stadium there is a 40 min. walk, as the hotel is not right in the center. I think a good option is walk from the hotel to a bus stop for bus number 17 Gros-Amara ( http://www.dbus.es/en/users/lineas-h...-gros-amara)at Gran Via or Paseo Colon. the last sotop at Madrid 28 is right at the Stadium.It takes around 15-20 min. I am not sure if there will be a special service after the concert, on sundays the last bus leave Anoeta at 11.45 Take a taxi will be a difficult one!.

hope this helps!!
Cristina
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you again for your helpful suggestions. We'll definitely walk given that it's only 2 miles away! Of course I'll wish the hotel were closer on the way back! 2 miles there, then standing in the Red Zone for hours (not complaining because it'll be SO worth it), then dealing with the walk back. Definitely a long day but given that we don't have to drive is a huge plus!