Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Best way to drive from Naples airport to Ravello?

Best way to drive from Naples airport to Ravello?

Mar 22nd, 2004, 09:03 PM
Original Poster

Best way to drive from Naples airport to Ravello?

I am looking for the quickest/easiest way to drive from NAP to Ravello, in the late afternoon/early evening. From looking at maps, I assume it would be quicker to take the A3 from Naples all the way to Angri and then take the road south through Valico di Chiunzi to Ravello, rather than only taking the A3 to Castellamare and then taking 145 through Sorrento all the way around the coast to Amalfi, and then up to Ravello.

However, viamichelin.com suggests taking the A3 all the way to Salerno, and then coming back around on the Amalfi coast through Vietri and Maiori, and then up to Ravello.

Does anyone with any experience in this area have any suggestions? Is the Valico de Chiunzi road from A3 south difficult to drive? I realize taking the Amalfi coast road would be the most scenic, but I will have plenty of time to drive this road later; I just want to be able to get to my hotel in Ravello as quickly as possible. Thanks.
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:35 PM

Ciao bryce,

Rather than take the A3 to Salerno it may be easier for you to take the A3 and take the Vietri sul Mare turn off,then through Maiori,Minori then up to Ravello. The Chiunzi Valley route is not difficult to drive and is the preferred route by many and will be the quickest route(viamichelin does not take into consideration the traffic between Salerno & Minori).
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

The Chiunzi valley it is - thanks!
Apr 1st, 2004, 02:29 AM

Ciao Bryce,

I timed it at 43 minutes on Tuesday.

Search this Thread