Best way from Stockholm to Copenhagen

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 01:39 PM
roditis

Best way from Stockholm to Copenhagen

Would like to know the best way to get from Stockholm to Copenhagen, spend a few days and return. We don't want to drive.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 06:27 AM
Al

No Problem. Take the train from Stockholm's main railway station; get the local schedule. As I recall, we left around 8:30 a.m. and arrived in the same car around 2:30 p.m. in Copehhagen. The entire train is broken up at Goteborg, placed on a ferry boat, and reassembled on the Danish side. You don't even have to leave your seat, although most people go outside to watch the process and view the strait as you cross. Works the same way in reverse. City center to city center in comfort and with no strain. It's a piece of cake.

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 04:22 PM
Ben Haines

If you sleep well on trains you could sleep the miles away. Board the sleeper in Stockholm Central about 2200, leave 2230, sleep right through the ferry transfer, and arrive in Kopenhagen main station at 0741. Similar times back again.

Please write if I can help further.

Ben Haines, London

Old Aug 10th, 1999, 07:22 AM
roditis

Old Aug 10th, 1999, 07:28 AM
roditis

Thanks for the replies! I have one more question. We've decided we'd like to try the overnite train from Stockholm to Copenhagen. Does the train station in Stockholm have luggage storage since we'd be checking out of our Stockholm hotel at noon and wouldn't want to be dragging our bags around all day?

Old Aug 10th, 1999, 08:01 AM
Ron

Yes, all manned train stations in Sweden have "left luggage" facilities. See:
http://www.sjpersontrafik.sj.se/peng/index.html