My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Norway’s Western Fjords region. We’re hoping to take advantage of the extensive network of huts and trails to do a three-night (or so) trek/backpack in the area. We’re going without renting a car, so we’re looking for a route that is accessible from a town that is accessible via ferry/train/bus.
We live in Washington State and do lots of backpacking and camping in the Cascades, so we have all the appropriate gear and know how to prepare for unpredictable weather and alpine conditions. Still, we’re expert trekkers so looking for something that's manageable at an intermediate level.
We’re flying into Bergen and flying out of Alesund.
Naturally, we recognize we may only be in Norway once, ever, so we’re looking for maximum awesomeness in terms of scenery
Look forward to hearing from some experts out there!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna