Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain

Oct 21st, 2014, 12:09 AM
Original Poster

Hi I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good shuttle service from CDG to our Paris hotel in St Germain. We are a family of 4 with two young children and will be arriving in Paris in the morning after a very LONG flight from Australia so might not be up to the train for our first time in Paris.
Thanks
Oct 21st, 2014, 12:40 AM

The very easiest thing to do is walk to the curb and get in a taxi. Even if there is a line, it moves very quickly, and for four people it is not likely to be more expensive than a shuttle service.
Oct 21st, 2014, 12:50 AM

For a group that large,consider drive.gt. We have had good service from them, there is no surcharge for luggage (a problem with a taxi) and they are not more expensive than a cab if you get stuck in traffic.

Also, Paris cabs are supposed to be limited to three passengers, but might make an exception for two small children. That is a guess as I have not traveled in such a group.

Be certain to ask them to pick you up at least 45 minutes after your scheduled arrival time so that you can have time to clear passport control and get you luggage. Otherwise, you may be paying for unnecessary waiting time.
Oct 21st, 2014, 03:27 AM

Jeff's post not exactly correct. Taxis are not limited to 3 passengers. They can take more for the small surcharge of 1E.
There are MANY taxis available at CDG easily able to take 4 passengers--or even more in the case of the mini-vans.
Go to the curb and get in the taxi queue and the taxi master will find a vehicle for your party. There is a small surcharge for luggage.
Have your hotel address and maybe even a little map printed out to give the driver. It will be in the range of 50E for the trip--probably less than a shuttle.
And as an aside, with small children I wouldn't take the train anyway. Start your trip out stress free--not even waiting to see if a shuttle arrives.
DO NOT accept a ride from anyone who approaches you in the terminal--go to the taxi queue.
Oct 21st, 2014, 05:19 AM

I agree with Gretchen.

Most Paris taxis have sat navs now but a map of the hotel's immediate area is nice to have if needed.
Oct 21st, 2014, 07:46 AM

I would agree with taking a taxi. Taxis have access to special lanes to limit delays and avoid as much traffic as possible. Taxis can carry up to 7 passengers, there is a surcharge of 3€ for the 4th and subsequent passengers. The nominal baggage fee is 1€ for the second and subsequent bag(s) placed into the trunk.
Oct 22nd, 2014, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your advice.. I think we will get a taxi!