Best time to visit Rome

Jun 8th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Buzzy

Best time to visit Rome

When would you receommend a best time to visit Rome? I know it's going to be busy any time of the year but what about September/October time? Has anyone got any opinions on those months or can they suggest a better alternative?

Jun 8th, 2007, 08:14 AM

My husband and I visited Rome in October 2002 and loved it! It was busy because Rome is a big city and always has tourists, but it was not a problem. The weather was lovely. I say this because we generally prefer traveling in October, but in all honesty, I think any time is a good time to visit Rome. Although I am not as seasoned a traveler as most on this board, I would have to say that the summer months (specifically July and August) might be the least desirable, IMHO. Some people love to go in the summer. When we traveled to Paris the first time, we went the first week in June. The weather was mild and the tourist crowds not too bad. If I were to go to Rome at any other time, I think I would pick early May. But, I know others that have been there in the winter months and loved it. Rome is probably not going to be as cold as other cities in the winter, although there is always the possibility of rain. My two cents -- I hope this has been helpful to you.
Jun 8th, 2007, 09:01 AM

It's always a good time to visit Rome, but I prefer late fall or (very) early spring because I like crisp weather and the city is not as crowded.

Search this Thread