Reload this Page >

Best Time of the Year for Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Vickie

My husband and I will be taking a trip to Italy next year for our 10th wedding anniversary. I'm very excited as this is my first trip abroad and Italy has been my dream destination. I have pictures all over my house and office. We will be taking a guided tour, but want to make sure we select a time of year that has the least change of being impacted by bad weather. Thanks. Any other tips on making this an even more memorable trip would be appreciated.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 08:26 AM
elizabeth

Hi Vickie - we were in Tuscany in late May a couple of years ago and that was a lovely time of year. It was warm, but not oppressive and the crowds weren't bad. <BR> <BR>On the other hand we were in the Amalfi Coast/Puglia area in early March and while it was a little cool (high 60s was the highest daytime temp - much cooler at night) it was deserted, which was nice. <BR> <BR>Hope you have a lovely time.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Frank

Vickie: We went to Italy the last week in May both this year and last and had the most perfect weather as far North as Venice and as far South as Sorrento. The temps were primarily in the 70's with a few days in the low 80's. Absolutely no rain on either trip. The weather from Mid June to Mid-September can be uncomfortably hot. It is my understanding the October is also a great time to go. My vote is for May or October.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 09:45 AM
ellen

From personal experience, another vote for October.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 06:20 PM
Alexandra

Dear Vickie <BR> <BR>We were in Italy last June and it was just perfect, no rain, and in thelow <BR>80's. This year going in September which I hope will be very similiar. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Jeff

Either May (last 2 wks) or October (1st 2 wks) --- another voice of personal experience.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 07:48 PM
Karern

We went to Southern Italy and Sicily in mid June and by the end of the month Sicily was hot (in the 90's. Also went to Tuscany in September and enjoyed the weather more. Still warm (in the 80's), but some cooler days and nights were very pleasant. My vote is for September or May, avoid late June, July and August.