Best Summer fare London to Nice?

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Patrick

Best Summer fare London to Nice?

Two of us will need to fly from London to Nice on July 6, which is a Saturday. While some schedules are not yet available (including Go Airlines from Stansted) Easy Jet offers 72 pounds each from Luton. Is this is good as it will get? Some have posted that the earlier you book with Easy Jet the lower the price, so should we go ahead and book now?

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 12:45 AM
andrew

Patrick - I don't think you're going to do any better than that. My understanding is that EasyJet are the only low cost airline to fly to Nice from London. As a result you are not likely to secure too many special deals especially for a July Saturday. The only thing you could do is check if there are any other flight times on the Saturday as you sometimes find a less appealing flight time might save you some money

Hope this helps
Andrew

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 01:03 AM
Mrs Wilson

Go do fly to Nice from Stanstead.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 01:43 AM
andrew

Yes Mrs Wilson is right - my apologies -It must have been a recent addition to Go's flightlist. I still think that Patrick has a reasonable deal though!

Andrew

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:34 AM
Patrick

I rechecked Go and they do now have their summer fares posted, but London Stansted to Nice on July 6 is 132.50 pounds -- ouch. I could save 10 pounds on Easy Jet leaving at 6 in the morning, but it doesn't seem worth it to me, so guess I'll go ahead and book Easy Jet at a more reasonable hour. Their website says nothing about how early to check in -- is it just an hour or so or more? Getting to Luton is also not so easy -- so may do our usual car service that we take from Heathrow. Any ideas how long a car takes from central London (Covent Garden) to Luton??

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 02:56 PM
Bryce

Easyjet is supposed to start flying to Nice from Gatwick in Feb or Mar....easier to get to than Luton.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 08:12 AM
Patrick

Thanks for the tip, Bryce. I had tried to bring up the Gatwick to Nice fare, but it just says not available. Now I tried it for a date in March and see that the fare is 22 pounds. Same fare as from Luton on that day (a Saturday). So am I to assume that the fare will probably be the same from Gatwick as from Luton in July? And if it is cheaper the earlier you book, why is it 22 pounds in March, but 72 pounds for July? Or is it just that much higher in the summer??

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 08:44 AM
kavey

Hi Patrick

72 to Nice is very good return from London if it's Saturday travel.

Easyjet and Go both have some truly excellent fares but few encompass weekend travel, and when they do, you have to buy them NOW as they will only have a few on sale.

Kavey

PS I wrote a report on my trip to Nice which you can find here if interested searching on Utelle

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 08:47 AM
kav

July is high season, March is still considered to be mid season, although I think it's nicer then.

Easyjet are strong followers of the fluid pricing system, so remember that a fare you see one hour may have changed significantly an hour later.

They change it according to seats sold and demand and its a constant thing.

It might go up or down, it's always a gamble.

Kavey