My husband and I are looking to plan a semi last minute getaway to Spain in April. His main interest are Food and Wine, ditto for me but I would add picturesque towns and cultural sights to my list of interests as well. With that being said, Andalusia calls to me while Basque country calls to my husband. I'd love to hear thoughts on the feasibility of doing a sampling of both, rather than an in depth visit of one or the other. We prefer smaller cities, villages and the countryside over large cities, so Barcelona and Madrid aren't high on our list, and while it is tempting to see as much as possible we would like to keep our 10-12 night trip to a maximum of 3-4 locations (not including day trips). Is this feasible given the travel distances between Seville and San Sebastian:
3 nights Seville
3 nights Madrid
3 nights San Sebastian
1 or 2 nights La Rioja
Possible day trips: Toledo OR Cordoba, Granada, Jerez
The other big question is - is Seville to San Sebastian just too far to travel in one day without spending the night somewhere (likely Madrid) in between? It looks like we would return to Madrid to fly home once visiting Basque country, and I don't want to stop there twice.
All input and advice is welcome and very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 3 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 4 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 5 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 6 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 7 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 8 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 9 Moscow Hotels
- 10 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Airport Transfer
- 13 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 14 Dublin to Donegal
- 15 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 18 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 19 Barcelona tour option help please
- 20 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 21 New Years in France
- 22 Which Aran Island??
- 23 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 Easter Week in Italy