Reload this Page >

Best site for current info on Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 05:35 AM
cbleigh

What is the best site for current Paris info. I will be there this Sat. and am trying to find out info about La Nuit Blanc. What's open, when the fire works are etc. I need a site that has an english option.
Thanks.

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd take a peek at

http://www.metropoleparis.com/

Today's report lists lots of details about La Nuit Blanc... as well as the "scenes" listing includes other interesting things to do.

Have a wonderful time!
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 06:06 AM

If you are so inclined to ride the Seine on Nuit Blanc check out http://www.batobus.com/english/index.htm# which is in English. Make note of the routes and the stops. Click on Special Offers and although this one item is in French the offer is all night service on the boat from 8:00 PM in the evening of October 1st and winds up at 4:30 AM the next morning. Hop on and off as much as you want. A riverboat service which is just wonderful and without the "commentary" and all for just 5 Euro for the evening.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 06:11 AM

Marking
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 07:38 AM
tod

cbleigh -It looks like theres a bunch of Fodorites going to be in Paris for Nuit Blanche(white night) heard it described as "Sleepless Night" as well! I haven't heard about any fireworks thought as it's supposedly a "cultural event" encouraging people to attend art galleries etc. etc.
I am aiming to wonder down to the Seine and take it from there.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 10:00 AM

FYI It is nuit BLANCHE because nuit is feminine; blanc and blanche are pronounced completely differently, as they appear.

I have never heard of fireworks on that night, and don't think there are. It isn't that kind of event, nor a "holiday". You can pick up a brochure of schedules and events at the Hotel de Ville, and probably a Paris Tourist Office kiosk or office. They might have one in English, you never know, although I think this is really aimed to residents, not tourists. There is a Paris Tourist Office kiosk right in front of the Bastille Opera House now; I don't know their other locations -- one near Pyramides metro, I think. They probably have their locations loisted on their web site. I know there is a complete schedule on the Paris city website, also www.nuitblanche.paris.fr but that's probably only in French.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 10:36 AM

Someone on Tripadvisor who registered as residing in Paris has translated a list of activities:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...de_France.html
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 07:45 PM

check out BestParis.com,Instyleparis.com.
Also google Paris and all the sites come up.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 10:36 AM

Your spelling is a bit off, maybe that's why you couldn't find info? It's not the kind of fireworks etc. night, it's a bit artsy and highbrow, sponsored by the city, with special art events at galleries and much more stuff like that, the point being that it's worth staying up all night (which is the meaning of the expression) for cultural events. Check

http://streaming.paris.fr/nuit_blanc...tml/index2.htm

this will give you a good sense of what it's all about - modern art and experimental art happenings and multi-media "installations" etc.

The official duration of the Nuit Blanche is from 7PM to 7AM. Ya gotta suffer for your art!

WK

Old Jun 20th, 2006, 09:44 PM

I have only just heard about this event !! We actually arrive from Avignon on the morning of the 1st of October. It changes my plans, we are there and I feel we should enjoy it ! Do the museum passes allow entry as per normal ( ie bypass lines ?). Anyone have some thoughts from last years version ?