Search

best shuttle service in paris and london

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2003, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best shuttle service in paris and london

hi all,
checking into the best shuttle service based on your rec's...

we will arrive in london at night and want a nice, stress-free ride to our hotel when wer arrive. i have heard ray skinner's service is good. do you agree?

paris - we will be leaving from our hotel on a saturday AM and will want to get to CDG from our room, in a again, a stress free (not cost us a fortune) manner.
http://www.parisairportservice.com/Shuttlegb.htm

is this one any good?

we want to spend about 50 euro or so - 2 people and 2 bags

we are leaving in november.

thank you so much!

Old Sep 5th, 2003, 10:12 AM

Well, I've recommended Ray Skinner so often people probably think I'm working for him (I'm not ... he's just a great guy with a great service) so I'll recommend him once again. You really can't go wrong with him if there are more then one of you. It's stress free, they pick you up at immigration, walk you over to the garage where the car is and take you directly to your hotel. If Ray himself is your driver you are in for a treat, he's quite a character! (and I doubt if he would mind my saying that)

In Paris we always take a regular taxi, it just works out better for us. We tried a Shuttle service one time, probably the one you indicate) and while the ride in was OK (we were first stop) the ride out included 3 stops, one of which the people were "not quite ready". I would not do the shuttle again.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 10:16 AM

For 50 euro, you should be able to get to CDG in a taxi, obviously the most stress-free method. I've just booked Ray Skinner for London in a couple of weeks and the cost from the Heathrow to Trafalgar Square is 39 GBP.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 11:14 AM

I know that many people, including Lori rave about Ray Skinner and I'm sure he's great. But he now charges 39 pounds (about $60) for a trip from Heathrow to central London. I use Swiss Cottage Cars which charges 25 pounds (about $40) for the same service and have always had perfect drivers and perfect service. Although you have to call Swiss Cottage Cars as they don't have a website, I like saving $ 20.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 11:31 AM

In Paris, I have only used PariShuttle (6x) and have always been satisfied. I found their drivers to be polite, helpful and sometimes very funny. I believe the last trip was about 15 E per person, but decreases if the party is larger. Marc Harris, the manager, gives Fodorites a small discount if you ask.