Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

"Best Shopping Street in London"-cover story in ?? magazine within the last few months

"Best Shopping Street in London"-cover story in ?? magazine within the last few months

Mar 28th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I read the article but did not keep the magazine and now I can't remember the name of the magazine, or, alas, the street. Thanks!
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:44 PM

can't recall reading that one, but my vote would probably be for Regent st.
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:18 PM

In general, I imagine that would be Regent or Oxford Streets that are usually considered that.
Mar 28th, 2003, 04:54 PM

Sorry, sweetie darling, but Sloane Street is the posh shopping street in London. Harvey Nichols, Prada, Gucci, Thomas Pink, Joseph, Katharine Hamnett, Chanel, Dior. Harrods is just around the corner on Brompton Rd., as is Jo Malone and Farmacia Santa Maria Novella on Walton St. I would rate the Bond St.& S.Moulton St. area #2. Mo-schi-no. I'm chanting as I speak.
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

On rereading this, I see I need to clarify-the street was not Regent or Sloane or Oxford-I want to say it was Elizabeth-but not a street whose name pops into your mind when you think of shopping. The is a store there that sells Poilane bread-my SIL used to buy it by mail order and I wanted to take her to get some fresh!
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:17 AM

There is indeed a Poilane shop on 46, Elizabeth Street, Belgravia.
Mar 29th, 2003, 11:31 AM

La Croix Sweetie La Croix.
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:20 PM

Lola, are you talking about Lacroix (all one word) as in the fashion designer? Or do you mean The Cross? In which case I think you'll find it's in Banbury, not London
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:56 PM

Lola means the fashion designer, Christian Lacroix. Lacroix, sweetie, Lacroix, is the mantra of the fashion flock/fashionistas who wouldn't be caught dead in LAST season's frock, wooly jumper, or anything by Princess Anne, who runs up her own. Pukka.
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:04 PM

Yes John, I did gather that. I was just being bitchy and making the point that if she was going to use the name, she ought to at least get it right!
Mar 29th, 2003, 02:09 PM

I would go along with thinGojus for Sloane and S. Moulton but that is because I like fashion on the cutting edge.
Mar 29th, 2003, 07:56 PM
CT

Hello, I don't know if this is any help, but I did read this article back in February off the This is London website.
It's suppose to be the new trendy area to go shopping in London.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/entert...ing%20Standard