Reload this Page >

Best seating of the Globe Theatre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Sheila

I am interested in tickets to the Globe while I am in London in June. I saw on the website where tickets will be on sale in Feb. Does anyone know the best possible seating for viewing and can you lean back on any of the seats? I will not be able to stand for a long period and that is why I am interested in the seating area. Thanks for any help. Also, does anyone know the usual cost of tickets?

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Sheila

To the top for help.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 04:20 PM
Rex

Just answered this on the "other" Globe theatre thread. <BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Martha

Sheila - <BR> <BR>I went to a performance of Julius Caesar at the Globe in 1999. I was in the first tier at the side, but I would say the first or second level in the center would be the best. There are no backs on any seats - they are just wood benches. You can rent a cushion for one pound (I believe) or many people took their own cushions in the theatre. Any seat is good and the performances are wonderful. Going to a performance there was one of the highlights of my trip. <BR>Martha <BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Sheila

Thanks Martha.