Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Best route to Cyprus (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/best-route-to-cyprus-146382/)

Marty Jan 7th, 2003 06:45 AM

Best route to Cyprus

I need to travel from the U.S. to Cyprus to attend an event in Novermber 2003. I have almost no experience in travel in Europe. I have more time than money. I am thinking my best and most economical route to get to Cyprus would be to travel to London and make my way from there. <BR><BR>Can anybody here give me any advice or point me in the right direction to

Marty Jan 7th, 2003 06:47 AM

<BR>Darn this laptop. I am forever hitting keys or the touchpad with my thumb and doing strange things.<BR><BR>Can anybody here give me any advice or point me in the right direction to begin planning?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Maggie Jan 7th, 2003 07:53 AM

May I suggest that you try OPODO for a reasonable priced flight from London to Cyprus.<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie.

Marty Jan 7th, 2003 02:09 PM

<BR>Thanks, Maggie.

Matt Jan 9th, 2003 05:32 AM

Marty, I am going to cyprus tomorrow. I am going to stop in Amsterdam, then go to Cyprus. That might be one route you may consider taking. <BR><BR>Matt

Byron Jan 12th, 2003 05:02 AM

London, Amsterdam and Athens. Those are the three ways we go from Toronto, Canada. All in all, it's a long trip. When we go through Athens, we stay one night and enjoy the day there to break the trip. Good luck.

Marty Jan 19th, 2003 06:53 PM

<BR>Thanks Matt and Byron, that is just what I was looking for.<BR><BR>A friend of mine suggested a boat from Athens. Have any of you ever traveled to Cyprus that way? Is it more economical than flying? More convenient?

beethova Feb 2nd, 2003 09:56 AM

I vacationed in Cyprus in November, 2002. I found that the best way- read cheapest- was to fly to London first, then on to Cyprus. I personally flew British airways on the London to Larnaca route because of the schedule.BA leaves for Cyprus in the morning- 8 am, and the return to london was in the afternoon, around 4 pm. Cyprus airways also left in the morning, but the return was at 3:35 AM...too inconvenient for me. However, they will be your least expensive option, so you'll just need to way the cost versus convenience. By the way, i loved Cyprus! been to 55 countries, and it was amoung my favorite...great people, delicious food, and safe.

GatorLadyUSA Feb 15th, 2003 08:37 PM

There are several options for connecting into Cyprus....... London, Paris, Frankfurt, Athens. You may have to use two different airlines to get the best price. Have you tried sizing up the competition? I've found the orbitz.com is a good way to get a feel for everyone's prices. Good luck and, enjoy, it's a beautiful country!

Xenos Feb 16th, 2003 01:36 AM

Marty, I assume you're travelling to Southern Cyprus. If by any chance it's Northern Cyprus you're going to, then I don't think you'd have any option other than to go via Turkey.

scumpy Jun 16th, 2003 04:22 PM

Topping

I am interested in going to Cyprus as well, southern part, although I think the northern half may be open now.

I would be traveling from Seattle/Vancouver, B.C. area and would be looking for most economical route in October 2003.

scumpy Jul 31st, 2003 06:36 PM

Heh, I am managing to go for almost free. I discovered spouse and I both had close to 40,000 frequent flyer points on Delta, just had to buy a few thousand on each account. Turns out we could get all the way from Seattle to Larnaca, Cyprus on Delta and partner Czech Air, AND we can take a layover in Prague coming or going.

Yay!