Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Best rooms in Leon Parador?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/best-rooms-in-leon-parador-663518/)

jrjcolllins Dec 10th, 2006 02:43 PM

Best rooms in Leon Parador??

I am confused as to which are the best rooms in the Leon Parador. I have read that the 3rd floor is the best. Is that in the older or newer part? And then I read that we should request the annex. Somewhere else, I read to request a room in the older part. We will have a standard room because we are using the Golden Days promotion. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eloise Dec 10th, 2006 02:54 PM

I don't think any of the rooms in the older part are available at the standard rate; they're the ones done up in tapestries and antiques and so on.

My standard room was in the new part, with a lovely view onto a garden and the river. Large, very nicely appointed, extremely comfortable. I don't remember what floor it was on. But do take the time to wander around the parador, to the cloister and to the museum.

One word of warning: If you want to eat dinner there on a Saturday evening, reserve! Half of upper-crust Leon seems to eat there on Saturday evening. The restaurant is excellent.

NeoPatrick Dec 10th, 2006 03:29 PM

I have no advice on which room to request, but wanted to say of the half dozen or so Paradors we have stayed in, Leon was by far our favorite. And our meal and service there far surpassed any other parador we've visited. We were in the old part and we had a fabulous room.

OReilly Dec 10th, 2006 03:39 PM

I also had a standard room in the new section on the 2nd floor I think. Room had a large balcony overlooking the garden, so it was very quiet. Believe me, "standard" was excellent. The room was huge with a large queen-size bed, two comfortable easy chairs and a table; bathroom was also large and well appointed.

Actually, I am not sure I would have liked a room at the front; although there is a large forecourt in front of the hotel, I imagine the traffic noise would be an issue - its quite a busy intersection.

I love my stay at Leon Parador. Its removed from the very busy city centre and the breakfast buffet was wonderful.

cruiseluv Dec 10th, 2006 04:00 PM

Hi,

I stayed at the Parador in Leon in 2004. After reading about Maribel's experience in the "old" section (it wasn't good as the standard rooms in the old section were nothing like what they show you in the website) we decided to stay in the new section( the "annex). We were very happy there. I agree with Eloise's description of the rooms. Also I remember the bathroom being large and modern.

Patrick, I remember your description of the room that you had and that Maribel said it was nothing like what she and her friends were given . I wonder if you had a superior or upgraded room.

jrjcolllins Dec 10th, 2006 04:19 PM

Thanks to everyone for your ideas. I think we'll reserve a room in the annex. And yes, ELoise, we'll be there on a Saturday night so we appreciate your suggestion of reservations for dinner.