Best Restaurant for 1st Anniv. in Munich

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a great restaurant in or near Munich to celebrate my first anniversary!

Thanks!
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:33 AM

If you're looking for a luxury-type place, there are a few options. The best-known ones are:
Tantris, which is supposedly is the best place in town (they will even chauffeur you to/from the place apparently)
http://www.tantris.de/englisch/aufbau.htm

Or, the restaurant Koenigshof in the hotel of the same name:
http://www.koenigshof-muenchen.de/
(just click on English, then cuisine, and that should take you there).

Let us know what you end up doing!
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:40 AM

What kind of restraunt are you looking for? Fancy & expensive, traditional bavarian, middle of the road?

I love fancy food with great sauces and stuff like that, but I would save a restraunt like that for an anniversary in france. If I were in Munich I would likely go to a great beer hall like the Augestinerhause, or the Spatenhaus to get something more traditonal.

Just a block north of the Muncher/Freihat station is a GREAT italian restraunt (better than any I have been to in Italy, France or USA) called Al Pacino's. Not fancy but very, very good.

In the basement of the Glockenspeil building (brain-fade as the the real name of this building) there is a nice restraunt with bavarian specialties.

If you want something really cool, tour the 2 castles in Fussen on your anniversary and have dinner in one of the restraunts below--the views are great.

Or something else a little more exotic go to the Andec's monastary and have dinner there--my favorite beer ever, the Augistiner being my 2nd.

Old May 5th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Peep

"In the basement of the Glockenspeil building (brain-fade as the the real name of this building) there is a nice restraunt with bavarian specialties."

It's called the Ratskeller. It's a good idea to make reservations. We tend to go there for special occassions. It's not fanchy schmancy but the food is consistently good and the atmosphere is nice. You can make reservations online.
http://www.ratskeller.com/

What exactly are you looking for?

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I am thinking some place romantic/intimate with amazing food. It doesn't have to be traditional German faire.