I am a first time traveler from Sydney, Australia and was wanting some help/advice. I am traveling to Europe in April with two other people. We (a 25, 32 and 34 year old) are traveling to Spain, France and Italy via rail and bus. I have been researching and I am a little confused about which rail pass to purchase. I wanted to try and do it myself online on www.renfe.com and www.trenitalia.com to try save. Our rail pass will be required for the following:
- Cordoba to Madrid AVE train on Saturday 20.4.13 (after 5pm)
- Madrid to Barcelona AVE train on Wednesday 24.4.13 (after 3pm)
- Barcelona to Paris on Saturday 27.4.13 catching the Elipsos night train (after 7pm)
- Paris to Venice on Friday 3.5.13 on the Thello night train (departing Paris from 7pm-7:45pm)
- Venice to Florence on Tuesday 7.5.13 (after 2 pm)
- Florence to Rome on Saturday 11.5.13 (after 12 midday)
If anyone can offer any advice on what rail pass to buy, it will be greatly appreciated. Should we buy a second or a first class ticket? Should we buy a pass or buy each ticket separately? I know that even after we buy a pass, we have to reserve a ticket and pay extra, hence the confusion.
Thank you for your patience and time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार CHARTER 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset CHARTER Tec*h care
- 2 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 3 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 4 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 2 week May trip with kids
- 7 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 8 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Sleep at Heathrow
- 11 Rail vs. Plane
- 12 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 13 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Self Drive UK tour
- 16 Where to See Flamenco
- 17 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 18 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 19 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 20 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 21 Airport Transfer
- 22 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.