Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Best Positano hotels? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/best-positano-hotels-419915/)

gottabee Aug 26th, 2008 11:29 AM

Best Positano hotels?

Any ideas on which are best. Prefer to spend no more than 200 Euros.

grandmere Aug 26th, 2008 01:23 PM

The best, probably Le Sirenuse, is way over 200 euro.

We really liked hotel Villa Rosa, just across the street from Sirenuse (the upper side of the street, so therefore even better views of sea and mountains). Bright, airy, decent-sized rooms, tastefully decorated, private terrace where breakfast is served.

www.villarosapositano.it

Micheline Aug 26th, 2008 01:51 PM

Another vote for Villa Rosa.

bobthenavigator Aug 26th, 2008 04:14 PM

That price will put you in the lower 20% of hotels in Positano. Villa Rosa is fine, as is Albergo California. I also like Casa Alberina if you have good legs. The" best" hotels will be 4 times that price.

vincenzod Aug 26th, 2008 08:53 PM

I completely agree with Casa Albertina

Vincenzo

JoyC Aug 27th, 2008 02:15 AM

Wow, did Villa Rosa raised their prices!! I don't remember them having 4 distinctive type of rooms. We were there last year and I remember them having only a choice between a double room and the apartment (+extra 3rd bed).

In any case, I would also heartily recommend Villa Rosa or Albergo California (same street). The views from our room were just magnificent and well worth the reasonable price. The staff were helpful, friendly and courteous.

dina4 Aug 27th, 2008 06:22 AM

We stayed at the Villa Rosa this summer and were blown away! We paid 280 euros per night, but we had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with a huge balcony that had sun chairs and a table w/chairs. I thought this was a great value, since everything about the room was excellent and the view was spectacular. I highly recommend it.

wanderer1 Aug 28th, 2008 02:33 AM

Location, location, location....

We did not stay at Villa Rosa, however walked by when we were in Positano in May. Lovely hotel, and great location.

I commented to my husband that this was the perfect location. Right near town, near the beach, in the middle of things but not IN the middle.

We would not hesitate to stay there next time.

socaltraveler Aug 28th, 2008 07:55 AM

We stayed at the Albergo California in June - great room, great view, great location. Eating breakfast on their lovely patio overlooking the coast was a highlight. Not sure if this will fit into your budget, but take a look. It is next door to the Villa Rosa, across the road from the Sireneuse. I would return there if I could. Right now, as a matter of fact.

Rachel_15 Aug 28th, 2008 08:14 AM

Consider Ravello... It is more beautiful and less touristy..

mgfit Aug 28th, 2008 05:24 PM

A few years ago we stayed at Villa La Tartana. It is in a good location within a few minutes to the main square, beach and ferry dock. The hotel is more like a B&B and offers no lift so you have to be OK with stairs. The rooms are charming and the views from the balcony were amazing. Our breakfast was served on our balcony every morning. The room also offered a small refrigerator which was nice for snacks and beverages. The room was clean and the bathrooms updated. The staff was wonderful - especially Carmella. She made many reservations for us for meals and the boat to Capri. I would stay there again any time. They have a website and their rates were very reasonable...at the time 140 euros/night which is a real deal in Positano.