Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Best Places for a bite to eat (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/best-places-for-a-bite-to-eat-946115/)

Katya08 Aug 9th, 2012 11:40 AM

Best Places for a bite to eat

In Paris, Rome and London! What are your experiences? Any places I should avoid that are overrated? Thanks!

mztery Aug 9th, 2012 11:42 AM

please.

StCirq Aug 9th, 2012 11:48 AM

Seriously?

Katya08 Aug 9th, 2012 11:51 AM

I want to know what is so wrong with asking that question? I want to know people's experiences. There is absolutely no need to be snarky and rude.

jamikins Aug 9th, 2012 12:05 PM

I think it's because each of those places have 1,000s of restaurants. And you haven't given us any clue about what type of food you are looking for.

For London check out www.toptable.co.uk for reviews

denisea Aug 9th, 2012 12:36 PM

Maybe tell us at least in which neighborhood of each city? I know some of the responses feel rude, but you have asked a very broad question.

For Rome, I recommend Eat Rome & Rome for Foodies apps...at least that will tell you where you want to go (includes places for coffee, gelato, pizza, wine bars)

In general, places right around major tourists sites tend to be tourist traps and over priced. If they advertise menus in English (Rome & Paris) or if there are pictures of the food....I would avoid that restaurant.

Trip Reports will tell some specifics about the good and bad food. You might take a look at a few of them on the forum.

Trip Advisor and Chowhound are also great sites for restaurant reviews....focus on places that most people recommend and like.

StCirq Aug 9th, 2012 12:39 PM

Well, first off, they are three enormous cities with thousands and thousands of places to "get a bite to eat," which might mean an orange, a sandwich, a salad, a plate of pasta, a three-course meal, or an extravagant dinner in a fancy restaurant. You don't begin to define what "a bite to eat" means to you, and you don't mention how much you want to spend or what types of food you're looking for.

Thousands of books have been written about eating, at all price points, on each of these cities. "Getting a bite to eat" is such a vague concept no one could possibly answer this.

Your question also suggests you haven't done any research on your own.

You can't expect anyone to answer so vague and expansive a question as this - why would anyone waste their time without you taking the time to frame a detailed question? Answers are only as good as questions.

It's like asking where to get a bite to eat in New York City. Come on!

socaltraveler Aug 9th, 2012 01:02 PM

No one is snarky or rude. Your question, spanning 3 major European cities, is vague and implies no research work of your own utime. And frankly 'bite to eat' implies a snack rather than a meal. Do the homework and come back.

socaltraveler Aug 9th, 2012 01:04 PM

OP deregistered, no point in adding anything.