Best part of Florence to stay

Sep 27th, 2002, 03:37 AM
Ton

Best part of Florence to stay

Hello,

I am planning my trip in Florence in December. I need suggestions to know where is the best part to stay in order to be within walking distance (15 mn) from "must see".

What about:
- santo spirito
- palazzo pitti
- S. Maria Novella
- Palazzo strozzi
- Uffizzi
- Santa Croce
- San Lorezo
- Duomo
- SS. annunziata

Thanking you in advance
Ton

Sep 27th, 2002, 03:39 AM
kate

Take a look at a map of Florence city centre. You can trace a triangle between the Duomo, Santa Croce and Piazza della Signoria. I'd stay somewhere within that triangle.

Sep 27th, 2002, 03:42 AM
Ton

Thanks for your prompt answer. Are there quiet place in this triangle.

Thnaks,
Ton

Sep 27th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Sonia

Hi Ton

We stayed in the following street. We found in central to the everything you mentioned, and it's just behind the Duomo. If you can locate it on the map, you could look around that area.

* Via Dell' Oriuolo *

Hope this helps

Sonia

Sep 27th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Ton

Thanks,

Any other suggestions ?

Sep 27th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Rex

The hotels of Florence and the major sights have such a central "compactness" that features are more important than location.

Best wishes,

Rex

Sep 27th, 2002, 06:27 AM
elaine

I agree with both kate and Rex
Florence is quite small, none of the sights you mention are more than a 20 minute walk from each other, and others are much closer than that.
You can draw the triangle kate mentioned for the most central location, but I stayed a little east of Santa Croce and found the location fine, and some other people even like staying across the river just for a change of pace. As Rex says, just look for the hotels' prices and amenities you want, and then find the locations on the map.

Sep 27th, 2002, 06:33 AM
RnR

The last few times we were in Florence, we tried, without much success, to stay off streets with motorbike traffic, laughing. So grim at 4-6 a.m., but then again, that's part of Florence's charm. The close streets really veberberate the sound! Have a great trip, and try the Antinori family's place for lunch - next to their gorgeous townhouse "palace."

Sep 27th, 2002, 02:48 PM
up

up

Sep 28th, 2002, 01:17 PM
lisa

We stayed at the Hotel Bellettini, just around the corner from the Duomo but could still walk to Santa Croce. Don't miss the Duomo museum, where you will see Michangelo's last unfinished Pieta. And some of the original Gates of Paradise. Awesome!!

Sep 28th, 2002, 05:55 PM
x

Please. There is absolutely nothing charming about the noise from scooters at 4 -6 in the morning. Would you think that was charming in front of your bedroom window at home?

Sep 30th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Ricky

We stayed at Montebello Splendid 4* in a quite area near the arno river and 10 min walking to everywhere. Very nice and quite hotel

Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:06 AM
ttt

to the top