We (myself, hubby and 3 boys) are heading over to France next July. We will have 23 days all up. We are flying into Paris and will head straight to the Loire Valley to stay with friends between Angers and Saumur. We've visited this area many times before and will stay for approx 7 days. We've never taken the kids further south so would like to drive down to see some of the lovely, pretty villages in southern France before we head on down to Spain. Not really sure where as yet, so I'm looking for recommendations.
We'd then like to end the holiday with 5 or 6 nights on a Greek Island, so we'll probably have 7 or 8 nights for the drive down through France and Spain.
Any must sees or advice about where we should stay would be gratefully received. We don't have the budget for fancy hotels so tips about gites would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 beware of robbed in Milan
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 18 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring