"Best Of" Paris/Provence Trip - w/photos

May 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

"Best Of" Paris/Provence Trip - w/photos

I know I already have a long trip report thread where I posted this, but I thought I should post it separately for those who had no interest in the long TR. And I apologize for linking to my blog, but that's where the photos are. Enjoy and feel free to ask my questions! Thank you to everyone at Fodors who helped me with this trip!!
http://eatdreamtravel.blogspot.com/2011/05/best-of.html

p.s. I will be doing a lot of traveling next year- for about 8-10 months, half in Europe and half in the U.S. and I will be blogging (in the meantime I will be blogging about planning the trip!)...so if you like it please follow/subscribe.
May 31st, 2011, 09:38 PM

Your trip report was great. DH & I are planning about 6 days in Provence when we return from a cruise in October, and I found your report informative. Appreciated your giving the approximate driving times as you have visited some of the places we thought would be interesting.
Just curious...where in the states,doyou live?
Thanks again!
Jean
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Jean - enjoy your trip!!
I live just outside of Washington, D.C.
Jun 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM

While I'm pleased that everything in the salad I just had for lunch was local (Northern VA, to be precise!), I must say I would have much rather had that artichoke truffle soup. Wow!

Loved your report, and the "best of." What an adventure next year will be! Hope to follow along - so many blogs, though, so little time!
Jun 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM

Sharbear...fun topics and great photos. I'll take two of everything!
Jun 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!
Jun 1st, 2011, 05:52 PM

Great reading (and photo looking). I looked at taking my 12 and 8 year old grandsons (and their parents) to Guy Savoy but it is not to their tastes nor their grandfather's wallet.

We will be staying at Le Mas Perréal for 4 nights. Would you consider Les Voyageurs and Le Sanglier Paresseux to be "kid friendly"? My son daughter-in-law also loved your blog and can't wait for our July trip to start.I did not show the blog to the kids because they would nag for riding Vespas.

Thanks
Jun 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Haha - my parents didn't want me on the Vespa, and I'm older than that...I definitely can't imagine children at Guy Savoy - not sure they would appreciate it!
You will loveLe Mas Perreal. I think Les Voyageurs is not so kid friendly - indoors, a little bit stuffy, very quiet. Le Sanglier Paresseux, on the other hand, if it is nice out would be fine for kids. We saw kids sitting outside, and the Chef was super adaptable with our needs so I"m sure could make something children would like. I bet Kevin at the Mas will have other good suggestions too.