Unexpectedly heading to Ireland for the first time in late July/early August.
Fyling into Kerry at 3pm on Day 1, and out of Dublin early on Day 9.
Haven't been in an English speaking country in two years. Yet the research seems more difficult than many countries as I can't pronouce 75% of critical info!
Researched the forums and the trip reports, read Rick Steves' book (though I know not everyone is a fan, it's what I have.)
-I realize it is a short visit over a great distance.
-I'd greatly appreciated your advice on what you feel is "not to miss" for a family with children and can be worked into our time frame.
-Our priorities are scenery and experience.
-Cities not a priority. (Perhaps another time when the children are older.)
-Would like to make it to the Antrim Coast.
-Would like to sleep over in limited locations - but recognize the difficulty of that on this trip. Recommendations more than welcome - especially for a family of 4.
Jet lag not an issue as we live in Europe.
Two adults and two well-traveled kids ages 6 and 9.
Renting a car.
Many, Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to give me some pointers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trans Siberian Train
- 2 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Real Estate in Andalucia
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 9 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 10 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 11 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 14 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 15 Greece during Easter week or August
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 18 The World's Greatest Churches
- 19 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 20 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 21 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 My France Vacation
- 24 Paris November 2017
- 25 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
Best of Kerry to Dublin in 9 days? Help pls! (Ireland, Northern Ireland)