Best Monoprix in paris for beauty?

Mar 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Best Monoprix in paris for beauty?

Hi, I'm visiting paris in a few weeks time and was just wondering if there are any particular Monoprix stores which have a good beauty department?
Thanks!
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM

Don't know about Monoprix but Cite Pharmacy at 26 Rue Four in St. Germaine is amazing. Go early and not on Saturday as it is always packed.
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Monoprix used to have a special Monoprix Beauté chain with special shops, but they have abandoned it.

However, you should know that even my rather pathetic little Monoprix in my working class neighborhood has a huge beauty section, so I am quite certain that you will find the same thing in any Monoprix that you go to.
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM

It's a chain, the store carries the same products pretty much everywhere so it doesn't matter. The only difference is some can be a lot smaller/older than others, but those usually cut down in the clothing dept or something like that. So go to the one closest to you.
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:43 AM

I did see a "Beauty Monop'" in Montmartre last week, on Rue des Abbesses - I was on a walking tour and didn't go in, but it looked bigger than the beauty section of the Monoprix near my hotel on Boulevard Saint-Michel. So you might see if there's one of those near where you'll be.

The beauty products in my "local" Monoprix looked pretty similar to what I could get at Target, based on a couple of walk-throughs, though I'm sure there are some differences. If you're into cosmetics, gomiki's suggestion sounds great!
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!
I was already planning on visiting cite pharma to stock up on la roche posy skincare! I'm really looking forward to going there, but i'll make sure not to go on a saturday, thanks for that
I was just thinking about getting some cosmetics in mono prix (bourgeois etc..) so I'll just find the one nearest to me, that seems like the best plan.
Thanks everyone!