Best Markets in the Cote D'Azur?

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Markets in the Cote D'Azur?

I'm staying in Vence and Nice for a week at the end of September and love visiting markets for food, wine, crafts, and especially Provencale linens. I plan to go to the St. Tropez market on Tuesday and the flower market in Nice. Are there others I shouldn't miss?

Thanks so much!
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 03:11 PM

Thursday is a big market day in Antibes. Antiques, Provencal, and just stuff. (Really three different markets.) The food market is not to be missed (and it's almost every day).

I always enjoy the Friday market in Valbonne. Plus an antiques market there the first Sunday of each month.

And a much smaller market (though I do remember some nice linens) is on Wednesday morning in Tourettes sur Loup (just a few miles from Vence).

I also remember a good Provencal linen store in the old town of Vence. Have a quilt from there in a guest room now!
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Great ideas! I was planning to visit these towns anyway and the market tips will definitely help me determine the best timing. Thanks!