Best Mail Order Chocolate from France

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Chocolate

Best Mail Order Chocolate from France

I like to give chocolate as gifts from our travels. Instead of carrying boxes back on the airplane, has anyone ordered French chocolates online? What are the best sites, and are there any sites that should be avoided? Thank you!

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Juliette Binoche lover

www.VianneRocher.com

and if that doesn't work, try writing to

[email protected]

Meilleurs voeux,

moi

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 07:04 PM
miss godive

-
Try these --

http://www.chocoholic.com
http://www.dcimports.com/index.html

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 07:20 PM
Rex

You know - - I occasionally screw up just like this, citing a webpage that SEEMS like it should be helpful...

... but, when I go to this page, www.dcimports.com/index.html

and then click onward to this page,
www.dcimports.com/france1.html - - there ARE no chocolates on this page...

And when I click onward to THIS page,
www.dcimports.com/chocolates.html

there are no chocolates from France!

Looks like you're back to www.chocolaterie.lansquenet.fr - - if Monsieur Reynaud hasn't made too much a mess of the place!

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 03:08 AM
markie

Rex it looks like you are spending to much time on internet. Go outside, do something else besides spending hours on this board. If you are retired go out and volunteer. AARP could use people like you and they even have computers with internet connection

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 04:08 AM
Rex

How I could help AARP if I was sitting in front of a computer, connected to the internet?

Yesterday, especially last night, was a typical lazy day at our home. We had a leisurely family breakfast together; our middle daughter is home from college for spring break. I watched "Meet the Press" with one eye, and was here on the board with the other eye. I made some work-related telephone calls, then I fiddled with my newest little silly hobby obsession (the Fodor's pins). My wife and I went out for a walk in the park, and then washed my car. Our youngest daughter's boyfriend was here for the afternoon, and stayed for supper. I fixed fish (John Dory) and french fries. Gee, and French toast for breakfast - - aren't we continental!?

As is frequently the case (like in so many households in America), the television was on (too?) much of the evening - - the news, then 60 minutes, and the Screen Actors' Guild awards (got a glimpse of Juliette Binoche again!) for the most part, though I am sure there was some channel surfing, too. I answered one or two questions from my daughter about her homework (example: Dad, look up when was that Winston Churchill speech about the "Iron Curtain" - - since you're online; Answer: in 1946, at Westminster College in Fulton, Missouri). I was online, off and on, while watching television most of the evening. In fact, throughout much of the day, there were two or even three computers connected to the internet in our home, while many people in other parts of the world still had never made the first telephone call of their lives.

And now, I am pretty much done with my online time for the morning, and better get ready to go to work.

If I need to send an affidavit about any of this anywhere, I will need a mailing address, markie...

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Chocolate

Juliette & Rex: Couldn't get the websites [email protected] and www.chocolaterie.lansquenet.fr to work. Would you have a minute to test them and see if you get in? Let me know. Thanks!

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Chocolate

Duh. Sorry Juliette. At second glance I see Cafe Armande is an e-mail address.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:30 PM
Christina

I would recommend you buy from La Maison du Chocolat (www.lamaisonduchocolat.com). This is one of the best and most well-known chocolateries in Paris, so I guess if you bought online, no one would know you didn't bring them back. I shops at Debauve et Gallais near St Germain metro for gifts, they have very beautiful packaging and you can buy a wider selection and smaller packages than online, but in fact, the last time I brought some back, it was July and was so hot that they kind of melted in my baggage in between the airport and my home. Still edible but did not look so good.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 03:22 PM
xxx

La Maison du Chocolat=Absolute decadence!

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Jim

Rex, I've read your posts and you've helped me a lot. Tell me you were writing tongue in cheek in your above post. Otherwise you sound like a pompous ass to me.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Rex

Of course it was tongue in cheek (but which post? I wrote more than one post above).

www.chocolaterie.lansquenet.fr is, of course, a reference to my favorite movie (this week)

and of course, i AM a pompous ass....

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Peppermint Patty

Rex - you wouldn't have been so heartless as to send us on a wild chocolate goose chase with that website, now would you? How could you?!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Rex

C'est ma prerogative...

je suis moitie femme, tu sais - - presque...

bisoux, bisoux...