Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Best looking person you've seen while travelling (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/best-looking-person-youve-seen-while-travelling-157818/)

kathryn Feb 9th, 2002 09:57 AM

Best looking person you've seen while travelling

Call me shallow, but I just have to know!!

Very Shallow Feb 9th, 2002 09:59 AM

A reflection of ME in a window.<BR><BR>You're right, you're very shallow and an idiot.

anon Feb 9th, 2002 10:04 AM

Very Shallow, <BR>are you really Patrick? Wow! Good looks AND intellect (English lit and all) - how will we ever keep away?

kathryn Feb 9th, 2002 10:16 AM

Wow--I should have known that this would be an incendiary topic. It really doesn't have to be, you know, as I am sure that there are others who can appreciate physical beauty (NOT as if that's what most important, however).

nospam Feb 9th, 2002 10:18 AM

A woman. in France.<BR><BR>No wait. that was almost every woman in France.<BR>

John G Feb 9th, 2002 10:55 AM

This is so funny because last year coming home from Milan, I sat next to Mark Vanderloo, the male model, on my flight to New York. He looked horrible. He had very bad skin, greasy hair, and a weird build--big shoulders and chest, tiny waist, no hips, no ass and legs like a 10-year-old girl. They must certainly airbrush the hell out of him for those DKNY ads. <BR><BR>I once saw a man in Madrid who was so beautiful, I almost was hit by a car because I was in a trance staring at him.

kathryn Feb 9th, 2002 11:10 AM

I agree with you, John--Mark Vanderloo never did anything for me either and that just confirms my suspicions that models are humans after all, albeit a little better looking than the rest of us! <BR>Anyone else? Be specific!

Dina Feb 9th, 2002 11:11 AM

John G, How did you see his legs on the plane, was he wearing shorts?

kathryn Feb 9th, 2002 11:14 AM

BTW, the best looking man I've seen is a Johnny Depp lookalike that I sat beside at the Hotel Costes bar in Paris. I had a great time chatting with him until his wife came into the room--oh well.

r Feb 9th, 2002 11:36 AM

Really the best looking person I saw on my last trip to Europe was one of the flight attendents on the Air France flight. She looked like Goddess. French, of course. But generally, in Spain, we saw some of the most beautiful people I have ever seen in my life. No make-up, beautiful bodies, lovely olive skin.....

Capo Feb 9th, 2002 12:05 PM

Can I call you a shallot, instead? :~) <BR><BR>I don't think I can pick out any one particular person, but I found the women (and, for that matter, the men) in Paris, Rome, and Barcelona to be very striking. <BR><BR>And I was in Nice once, stranded during a one-day "la greve" on SNCF, so those employees were, literally, striking. <BR>

kathryn Feb 9th, 2002 12:24 PM

Ha! You can call me whatever you'd like...just don't call me Shirley!<BR><BR>Let's keep this going

c Feb 9th, 2002 12:50 PM

Kathryn-one can only call you Shirley AFTER they knock you down!<BR><BR>The first time we were in London, I thought every man on the street was handsome..they are (generally) tall and have good bones, they smiled at me:) and were gentlemanly.<BR>Then I went to Paris!!! they (generally) were not as tall, darker, they smiled at me:) and were very gentlemanly.<BR>Now I have to go to Italy and continue my research and I will get back to you~ work work work~

c Feb 9th, 2002 01:00 PM

I have to post this for my husband-<BR>When I asked him this question,"Who is the best looking person you've seen while travelling", He said "You"~I am definitely keeping him :&gt;)

Capo Feb 9th, 2002 01:28 PM

Good bones?? Were you X-raying them? :~)

xxx Feb 9th, 2002 01:50 PM

England as the best looking? Personally I found many of the men to look like horse heads. A lot of the men even made Price Charles to be attractive in comparison.<BR><BR>Yugoslavian men tend to be pretty attractive.

Laura Feb 9th, 2002 02:02 PM

A man a couple of weeks ago at the International Plaza in Tampa (wasn't on vacation though)<BR><BR>A girl about 18 years old in Budapest....I'm hetero but couldn't take my eyes off her. She would have put our supermodels to shame.

Diane Feb 9th, 2002 02:13 PM

Not in Europe, but I believe they were European...a silver-haired couple having dinner in the beachside candle-lit restaurant at the Charela Inn in Negril, Jamaica. They were both wearing off-white, she in a halter/top dress, he in white slacks, and a short-sleeved silk shirt. They must have been in their 60s, but were fit and looked to be in love. Oh, that we all should age so beautifully together ;^)

Bob Brown Feb 9th, 2002 03:15 PM

That one is easy: my travel mate.<BR>And perhaps a friend of ours who lives in Munich.<BR>But my travel mate wins. <BR>The performer who acted, sang, and danced the role of Valencienne in Die Lustige Witwe (The Merry Widow) in Vienna was ok.

blushing Feb 9th, 2002 08:02 PM

Three friends and I were in a neighborhood deli in Florence when a guy walked in and smiled. We all lost our places in ordering and tried very hard not to do a fish face (gulp, gulp, gulp) He was brown and tan and wearing a beautiful shade of medium blue. We saw him again from the bus on our way out of the city and almost got back off, but a plane was waiting. Alas!