Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Best IRISH DANCING show: Inishmore (Ragus)? Bunratty? Galway? Cashel (Bru Boru)? Dun Laoghaire?

Best IRISH DANCING show: Inishmore (Ragus)? Bunratty? Galway? Cashel (Bru Boru)? Dun Laoghaire?

Oct 6th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Best IRISH DANCING show: Inishmore (Ragus)? Bunratty? Galway? Cashel (Bru Boru)? Dun Laoghaire?

I would love your comments and comparisons of the various Irish dancing shows in Ireland. I'm about to book our B&Bs for summer 2006 trip to Ireland.

Travelling with hubby and 2 young adult daughters. I love music and dancing shows and want to fit one in. But which one?

We cannot see both Cashel and Galway, and so am wondering which one has the best dancing show?

Honestly right now I have Cashel in my itinerary mostly to catch the Bru Boru dancing show and as a stopover between Dingle and Trim/County Meath. Is it worth it? Is another one better?

What about the show at Dun Laoghaire? We will be in Dublin for 2 nights and could take the DART to see that one. Is it worth it?

I saw Riverdance when they travelled to California and I thought it was riveting. I am not necessarly looking for something in Ireland that is too touristy nor do I need something flashy and Hollywood-style... just want to see some authentic Irish dancing and music.

Thanks for your suggestions! Right now the plan is to visit County Clare, (Burren & Cliffs of Moher); County Kerry (Dingle); 1 night stopover in Cashel or Galway; Trim & Newgrange; Belfast & nearby (grandmother grew up there); Dublin.
Oct 7th, 2005, 06:41 PM

ttt

Search this Thread