Best internet site for Italian?

Nov 30th, 2000, 03:47 PM
mike

Best internet site for Italian?

So I can at least make an attempt at speaking Italian? Or does anyone know of a good book? Checked out some tapes at the library, but I would like a resource that I can look up something specific. It's like taking finals.

Nov 30th, 2000, 04:55 PM
fred

mike. i may suggest that your approach is wrong. go to nearest community college that has beginner courses in italian. you will need to know grammar as well as specific words and pronuncia or you will never understand the reply that you get. take several courses and learn well then you will have fun and be very well recieved in italy

Dec 1st, 2000, 06:28 AM
carol

For some quick and dirty Italian lessons, try the "languages" section of this site. It's multimedia and very useful.

Dec 1st, 2000, 07:20 AM
Dave

For a few phrases, try: travlang.com.

Dec 1st, 2000, 08:04 AM
Richard

I agree with Carol, try the 'languages' section right here.

Dec 1st, 2000, 08:25 AM
mike

Thanks everyone for the help. Fred, of course, is right if I really want to learn the lang. I should go back to school, but that is not going to happen (time constraint). I tried the lang. section here (fodors) and it is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks again everyone. mike.

Dec 1st, 2000, 08:33 AM
Ed

This page has 54 internet radio stations from Italy:

http://www.comfm.com/live/radio/?c=it

Happy surfing!!!

The main link

http://www.comfm.com/live/radio/ contains thousands of web radio stations from around the world.

Dec 1st, 2000, 11:28 AM
Marilyn Ham

I liked the Pimsleur tapes the best. The method of teaching is to repeat words in various contexts which helps you to remember. Try your local library and check on materials. I also liked the Passport book and tapes and the Language 30 tapes, but as one individual mentioned it is difficult to learn grammar this way. Marilyn

Dec 1st, 2000, 12:30 PM
greg

For Pimsleur tapes, you can listen to lesson one of each series at http://www.sybervision.com/freeaudio.htm

Dec 1st, 2000, 03:57 PM
mike

Thank you all for advice. I listened to the Pimsleur lessons (I got through two for free, hopefully the third is free too) and they are GREAT! I highly recommend the site. thanks again everyone, you are all helping to make my trip to Florence a little more enjoyable. mike.