Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best hotels in Stockholm and Copenhagen?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd much appreciate hotel suggestions for these 2 cities (end of July). High-end prices ok, though of course best would be to have a great hotel at less than highest rates. Main consideration is that the room be quiet, both from neighbors and from outside sounds.
Would also like to have good size rooms/bathrooms and great views.
Thank you!
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:06 AM

For Stockholm we loved the Grand Hotel. Wonderful views out over the water - and the room we had was huge - although it is an older hotel and room sizes may vary, We were there in August and they were having lots of specials - we got a great rate.

Can;t comment on noise - the only time I've been bothered by noise in a hotel was in florence - when a crew started jackhammering a street at 6am - so I've never really understood this question. (It is a city isn;t it - no place is going to be quiet like in the country.)
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Many, many city hotels-- both in this country and in others-- take special pains to soundproof their rooms-- both room-to-room and against outside noise-- as much as possible; for other establishments, this isn't a priority. Since quiet is impt to us, we always try, insofar as possible, to book hotels that pay attention to this kind of thing. (E.g. some airport hotels are much better than others in this regard.)
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:30 AM

Well, I think perhaps the windows in this hotel opened - can;t remember for sure - but I think so. Which may mean it's too noisy for you. (We prefer fresh air where possible - being city people we never notice noise - unless it's a fire truck right in front of the building.)
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
We stayed at the Marriott in Copenhagen, which meets all your criteria. Great views over the canal (ask for a room with a water view), good sized rooms and bathrooms, quiet. We got a good weekend rate last July.