Best hotel in paris?

Feb 14th, 2001, 08:58 PM
jc

Best hotel in paris?

Going to Paris for the first time in June. Where is the best hotel for the money (around $60-$100) a night in Paris. Clean is essential!! I get grossed out easily. Friendly to non-french speaking tourist would be a real plus. Sounds like 4th, 6th, or 7th area is what we would like. Thanks for any help offered.

Feb 15th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Curt

Well the choices are many and there are many, many posts on this board about Paris hotels. Ones that I have used and like very much include the following:

Grand Hotel Leveque in 7th on Rue Cler, 2 star, about 450-500 francs
Hotel Champ du Mar in 7th, 2 star about 500 francs
Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in Marais area, 2 star, about 500 francs
TimHotel near the Bourse (stock exchange)2-3 star, about 700 francs
Hotel Le Bristol, on Rue Fauborg, 4star+, figure at least 3500 francs

All rates are for double without breakfast. All have web pages if you search for them. The Bristol is by far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in but is is VERY EXPENSIVE. For you price range I recommend one of the first three as they are all very nice, very clean, very friendly, and very well located.

Feb 15th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Marilyn

Dear JC, Just got back from Paris and stayed at Hotel Sully St-Germain on rue des Ecoles which is in the Latin Quarter. It is just a few blocks from Notre-Dame. Metro and bus right there. Have stayed in other places but this had best location. Train from Charles de G. airport takes you within several blocks of hotel. Clean rooms - rather old but you are not in room much anyway. Nice bathroom. Tv, phone, hairdryer etc. VERY friendly and helpful staff - which I think is most important. The rates included breakfast. Our room rate was based on 2 people with 2 twin beds. It was $106 including tax. I got the fare from hoteldiscounts.com which I think has the best rates going. The bus that goes right by the hotel goes directly to the Tower Eiffel. Many things within walking distance. And the Latin Quarter is sooooo much fun. Feel free to e-mail me at home if you would like more information.

Feb 15th, 2001, 08:20 AM
ac

Message: jc, some friends told me about this hotel called Louvre Forum. It's very convenient. Did anyone stay in Hotel Ritz in Paris before? (The hotel where Princess Diana had dinner before the fatal accident) Any comment? I would like to spend a nite there but worry it's just another Plaza New York. Historic but run down...

Thank you very much

Feb 15th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Christina

You might consider the Castex in the 4th.

Feb 15th, 2001, 06:55 PM
G

Personally, I love the 4th but have had great difficulty in booking an hotel there as they are all small, boutique establishments. Consider Montparnasse (14th) or Republique (11th?) areas which offer great deals, particularly during the summer. Perhaps outside of your budget but .. I stayed at L'Aiglon in Montparnasse and was delighted - large rooms with great decor, friendly staff who try very hard. I have found that all hotel staff speak english but are very appreciative if the client takes the time to learn basic phrases (hello, thank-you, please etc).

Feb 16th, 2001, 12:39 AM
ldsant

The Ritz's LEAST expensive room is $450 PER night. . .

But, you definitely will NOT be "grossed out."

Personally, I like Hotel LeTourville - L'ecole Militaire area.