I posted previously about feedback for my 10 days in Ireland (thank you for the replies, much appreciated). I've been rethinking some of my initial plans. We are flying into Dublin and leaving from Kerry Airport, with 10 days to visit (or 9, depending on jet lag on the first day).
We were going to spend the first two days in Dublin and then make our way west with a few stops here and there. We are thinking now that after those two days in Dublin, we will drive straight through to Galway to spend a few days.
I'd really like to see the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle, and drive the Beara Peninsula (I removed Rock of Cashel from the itinerary after realizing just how far out of the way it would be for us). We've also decided to try and cut back on the number of hotels we visit to reduce the time spent packing/unpacking, getting to certain hotels.
My question is: After leaving Galway, what is the best area to stay that will be the most "central" to the Cliffs of Moher, Dingle/Beara, I was thinking maybe Ennis? This is just based off of some of the feedback I've read in the forums thus far.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 2 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 7 Croatia in mid/late October
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Help with Venice Trip?
- 12 Dubrovnik
- 13 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 16 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 17 Norte Dame light show!
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 10 Days in Austria
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Greece in end October
- 25 Champagne Tours