Hoping to get some more great advice from you all! Background- family of 5 with 3 teens (14, 14, 15) visiting Italy in July on a modest budget. Since Italy is filled with history (and I'd like to take a break here and there from looking in my guide book), I am considering booking guided tours--- 1 in each city we are visiting (Venice, Rome, Florence-- we will day trip to Siena, Pisa/Lucca (love the idea about biking the walls), but I'll use my guide book and just enjoy those). I don't think we need a guide for Sorrento/Amalfi (we'll use the SITA bus and figure it out on our own).
So- what's the 1 guided tour you'd recommend we take in these cities (and are there others that are free?)?
Rome- Vatican?? (or the Colossium)? I need to choose one.
Venice- I've read about the Secret tour in the Doges Palace?
Florence- someone mentioned a "free" walk of Florence tour. "Free" (with tip at the end) sounds divine Would love to give my kids a quick history of the Renaissance (my girls will probably study it next year).
If our budget allows-- should we also consider a tour of Pompeii? (or would our guide book suffice?).
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1888 : 279 : O246 installations CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 tinnitus
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 14 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 15 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Scotland ideas
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 Trans Siberian Train