Best guide books for Andalusia

Jun 27th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Howard

Best guide books for Andalusia

Which guide book is best to use for sightseeing (as opposed to hotels and restaurants)in Andalusia--the Michelin Green Guide or Lonely Planet? Or is there another that's even better?

Jul 6th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Eva

Not to kiss butt or anything but I like the Fodors guide. I went with a tour group but coming home and re-reading the guide accurately described the towns and sites we saw.

Jul 7th, 2002, 03:46 AM
John

Howard go to Andalusia.com it is the best web site for spain

Jul 8th, 2002, 05:31 AM
mary lewis

We used a combination of Rick Steve's Spain book and the Rough Guides Andalusia book.

Jul 8th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Gareth

Rough Guide to Andalusia - I found it invaluable as a guide for cheap accommodation when I did off the cuff driving tour 2 years ago. We had no specific plan, just an idea of where we wanted to go and this book helped. We just turned up in a village, town, city and looked up the book and found loads of information. Well recommended.

Jul 9th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Pedro

Cadogan, Lonely Planet and Michelin are quite different but very useful. Michelin usually are the best in maps and routes and great giving stars to the different places, the other two include several good recommendations for eating out and lodging. I have not read Fodor´s or Rough Guide yet so I can not talk about them.