As some of you would have seen in my previous post, am planning a visit to Italy and Switzerland at end of July this year, with 3-4 days in Switzerland.
I have been to Wengen/Murren/Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald in 2010 and absolutely loved it. This time we want to go to some new place but hoping for similar scenery. Now my first instinct has been to pick Zermatt as my destination in Switzerland but as am researching it further and looking at various photos am realizing while it has spectacular mountain scenery but it doesn’t seem as lush green as I would have expected. We are hoping to combine some rolling hills & lush green meadows scenery with lakes and peaks and I am a little confused now whether I have picked the right destination or not. For the sake of completeness, we will be with our parents in 60s-70s and so will limit to easy and simple hikes and not steep slopes.
Could the experts here guide me that given we have already been to Lauetrbrunnen-Wengen region, which other area could be best fit for easy hikes, green hills and some mountain scenery excursion. Am wondering if Zermatt should be fine and I have just chanced on the wrong pics or whether Kandersteg/Gstaad/Engelberg etc. may be a more appropriate choice.
Will really appreciate any guidance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RICOH printer 1800:681:72O8 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 3 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 4 Driving
- 5 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 6 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 7 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 8 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 11 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 12 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 13 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 14 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 24 Poland--where else to go
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond