Best bus map for Rome

Search

Best bus map for Rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best bus map for Rome

I am going to Rome soon with several people who will need to limit their amount of walking due to some foot injuries.

What is the best bus map that you have found for Rome? Where can I get one? For some reason I had the worst time finding a bus map last year when we were there.

Any other mass transit tips that you have learned would also be wonderful. We pretty much walked everywhere last time so this will be all new.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM

The most detailed map is called "Roma Metro/Bus" and is available at Termini station and most large bookstores like Feltrinelli and some newspaper kiosks. Definitely get a multi day metro/bus pass (there are three day and week long passes) and stamp it on your first use.
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 08:07 AM

If you know what you want and ask for it forcefully enough, one of the Roman tourist offices will - reluctantly, very reluctantly, with a lot of sighs and rolling of the eyes - cough up a copy of "Mappa dei Trasporti Pubblici di Roma", put out by ATAC, the city's transport system.

I got mine at a Roman tourist office booth near Piazza Navona; I can't describe the location any better than that, unfortunately.
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:52 PM

The tourist office Eloise mentions is at the northern end of Piazza Navona, straight out and then to the right. I'm going to have to go there and get one of those next time. Or I'll look for Grinisa's suggestion. Thanks to both.
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 01:01 PM

Greater Rome: http://www.atac.roma.it/linee/mappe/romacitta.zip

Central City: http://www.atac.roma.it/linee/mappe/romacentro.zip

Metro and regional train: http://www.atac.roma.it/linee/mappe/ferro.zip
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 05:34 PM

Another vote for the Roma Metro/Bus foldout map. I bought mine at a newsstand in Termini station. Rome's bus system is a little confusing, so be prepared to spend some time studying the route map if you plan to use the bus a lot.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the help. I will definitely try to get one of those "Roma Metro/Bus" maps at Termini. By any chance do you know where in the station they sell those and how much they cost?

The Roman tourism office at Piazza Navona also sounds like a great option. I think that I know the office that you are talking about.

And thanks Robespierre for the maps that I can look at now to try and get a start on planning my navigation around Rome.

Thanks again to all!
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:57 AM

It should be added that the <b>110 Open</b> is a tourist bus that travels a circular route to 40 notable sights. An onboard guide provides commentary.

http://www.rome.info/transportation/tickets/
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 12:21 PM

I believe you can buy it at the large newspaper/magazine kiosk in the center of Termini. If not, there is a large bookstore on the lower level where you can get it. My copy is about three years old and the price tag says 5.50Euro.