Notices

Best B &Bs in Ireland (with kids in tow)

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:39 PM
andrea

Best B &Bs in Ireland (with kids in tow)

Can anyone help me with some picturesque B and Bs anywhere in Ireland, that are not too expensive, and with nearby sites of special interest to children? There will be my parents, my husband and I, 2 children aged 9 and 12, and a 6 month old baby. (in other words we will probably need either 2 or 3 rooms.)

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 11:54 PM
Neil

Hi Andrea, There are so many great places in Ireland, it depends on what kind of holiday you are looking for. Mail me back directly and I might be able to help, Ive got loads of good guide books on where to stay, and I know people in most parts of the country. In the meantime, if you are thinking of going to Killarney, which I love, theres a fantastic little B&B called the Gardens, which is in the heart of the town, but yet has a tree-lined driveway up to a lovely little garden, and every room has it's own door, almost like a motel. Myself and my partner stay there regularly, at a cost of about 20 Irish Pounds each for B&B. The people there are so nice, and theres lots to do around Killarney and other parts of Kerry. Mail me back with more information. Neil.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 03:37 AM
steve

check out town and country homes for their guide or check on their website.

In England, b&B's often have a 'family room' which is two twin beds and a double/queen bed which may be cheaper than getting multiple rooms

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 04:10 AM
ginny

You could also look into "self-catering" which is great. The Irish Tourist Board has wonderful info! Especially with children in tow it may be the more "practical" route since you would have many rooms to move about and a kitchen to stock up! We do it all the time and love it. Very inexpensive! We rent a car and are able to get out and about and take day trips to many places.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Ann

B&Bs can actually get expensive when you're traveling with a family, since you pay per person, not per room. I'd go ahead and call a few and ask how they charge for children.