I am travelling to Doolin in the middle of July and I really would like to go to one or more of the Aran islands. I am going by myself and I would like to know whether you think it is more beneficial to visit just one island, or two. I have only one day to spend there and I'm much rather about quality rather than quantity. I want to really have as much of an authentic visit as possible, which I know may be difficult considering it will be July. I think I have unwillingly been put off Inishmore because it is said to have the most tourists. I have worked out with the ferry times that if I were to do two of the islands I would have only one and a half hours on one island and over four on the other which is why I am asking whether it would be worth it to visit one for only an hour and a half.
I hope this all makes sense, and thank you in advance for your replies!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 2 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 15 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 16 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 19 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 20 Christmas week in Ireland
- 21 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 22 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 23 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 24 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 25 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report