Best Airlines to fly to Germany

Old Nov 14th, 1996, 02:55 PM
Joe Ferris

Best Airlines to fly to Germany

We recently went to Germany and flew Northwest from Detroit to Frankfurt and returning from Munich through Amsterdam to Minneapolis. We were very happy with the service, but the price was not cheap. I think you almost have to go with a charter to get a good rate.

Old Nov 19th, 1996, 07:32 PM
Dennis Holland

I just booked a round trip Boston-Frankfurt in March through a travel agency called Travel Pro for $378. including all taxes! Contact Daniel Minter at 800-765-0112. Other worth while airlines are Icelandair or Sabena. They also have good deals on train fare add ons.

Old Nov 19th, 1996, 07:35 PM
Dennis Holland

Sorry I forgot to mention, the great fare I got is on Lufthansa which has super service and flies direct from many U.S. cities. Also check out LTU which runs a couple of times a week from select U.S. cities to Munich and Duesseldorf. There number is: 800-888-0200;.

Old Nov 22nd, 1996, 08:18 AM
Krista

hello there, it is so funny that I happened to read you letter. I am flying to Germany alone on December 12. I am landing in Berlin. I am from Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. I did a lot of research and Air France gives the best rates and service. For instance my layover is in Paris, and I can take up to 72 hours there and my flight price won't increase, so I am staying in Paris for 2 days.
I suggest that you research all of the different travel agencies. Also, where in Germany are you going, and when, I could help, because I am visiting a friend who lives there.

Old Nov 24th, 1996, 04:15 PM
Mark

Hello,
I flew from Detroit to Frankfurt last year on Northwest and the service was great. It was a little more than I wanted to pay. This year I am going back and the price is around $200.00 cheaper. Round trip, non-stop was $396.00, this time.

Old Nov 25th, 1996, 12:57 PM
CJ Kanefke

After several trips to Germany I can easily say that Lufthansa is the way to go. Their fares are usually in sync with the US carriers' fares and you can set your watch by their scheduled arrivals / departures. In days gone by, TWA used to be the American carrier of choice. But nowadays you can virtually ALWAYS count on some sort of delay. For the cheapest fares, you might want to check with a consolidator. Have a great trip!

Old Dec 3rd, 1996, 03:27 AM
Belinda Mizrahi

Hi, I read your message on the Fodor bulletin board, and was wondering if you could help. I will be travelling to Germany soon, in order to visit the various war museums. I am trying to get info on the museums, but have found most of the info to be in German. I am also hoping to go on from Berlin to Speyer in East Germany, where the Technik Museum is, and am having difficulty with this too. Can you or your friend in Germany help?
Many thanks, Belinda.