Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

best airline for flight from SFO to Paris

Old May 16th, 2000, 08:15 AM
Stephanie

I'll be traveling to Paris from San Francisco and wondered if anyone had any advice on whether or not there are airlines that are more preferable. Are there any to watch out for? Thanks so much.

Old May 16th, 2000, 08:38 AM
Tricia

If you type airlines into the blank box at the top of this forum and click on general/regions at the end of that list you can scroll on you will get tons of info on airlines. I believe some preferred Air France and Virgin Atlantic, and they fly non stop.

Old May 16th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Paul

Friends of mine flew to CDG from SFO last year on Air France. They liked the trip over, but on the way home, they were delayed leaving Paris 5-6 hours, so they had a terrible flight home. But I suppose that this can happen on any flight. We took AF from Boston to CDG, and had great flights both ways.

Old May 16th, 2000, 10:28 AM
me

Air France has a non-stop every evening from SFO to CDG - arrives 1:50 the next afternoon in Paris. I suffer less jet lag on this flight than the ones that arrive at 8:00 AM. By the time you get to your hotel it's about 4:00 PM - time to do some walking, a nice dinner - then a good night's sleep and you're in good shape for the next day.

The Air France return, CDG to SFO, departs at 1:15 from Paris - so you don't have to leave your hotel at 6:00 AM like you do with the earlier departing flights on other airlines.

Both flights are non-stop. We've flown United and American to Paris, but after we tried the Air France flights we have not flown any other airline. Highly recommend them!

Old May 16th, 2000, 12:29 PM
Lesli

Any Europe-based airline is preferable to a U.S.-based one, in my opinion.

I most recently got a great fare on British Airways, and was quite pleased. An evening flight out of SFO non-stop to London; a short layover there, and then on to Paris by late afternoon. Time to settle in, wander a bit, and have dinner. Much easier first day than arriving at the crack of dawn and being unable to check into your hotel!