Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where to eat our last night in Italy? (Milan)

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, our trip is almost done - one more night in Bellagio tonight, then tomorrow night in Milan before flying home Friday. We would love a recommendation for somewhere great to eat our last supper (har, har) in Italy. Our hotel (Hotel Berna) is very near Centrale station, and our plan for the afternoon is basically the Duomo and a little shopping, so it would need to be in walking distance of one of those. We've been spending 30-40 euro for the two of us at dinner (sometimes splitting an antipasti, occasionally getting our own, plus one other course, usually just water to drink though I may get a glass of wine tomorrow). We could go up to 50E for this dinner, though.

I know there are probably Milan restaurant suggestions on the forums, but to be honest I'm on an iPod with extremely slow wifi, so searching is painful! Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:46 AM

Hello, jent. Here is the website for a favorite restaurant of mine. We were first introduced to it ages ago by friends in Milan and have always returned when in Milan.

http://www.ristorante-milano-centro....estaurant.html
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Loveitaly! That does sound good. Do you know whether we would need a reservation on a Thursday night?
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM

I thought the restaurant might appeal to you. I wouldn't take a chance, I would make a reservation. Btw, friends who first introduced us to the restaurant explained that the piazza was originally where farmers brought their farm animals and that is why the well was in the piazza.

You can book online via their website which would save you time phoning them when in Italy. Wishing you a lovely time in Italy!
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Loveitaly, I just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation! We had a lovely last dinner. We got there right before they opened (we were slightly famished) and had no trouble getting a table. The menu on their web site is a little out of date - the dishes on the web site that were on our menu were a few euro more, and half our dinner wasn't on the web site. But it was all delicious. We ended up spending 68 euro for two pastas, a main, a dessert and two waters - but we skipped lunch so it was okay.

Now time to pack for our flight home tomorrow!
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Thank you so much for posting back, jent, I was thinking of you two! Yes, often Italian websites are not up to date unfortunately but I am glad that you were happy with your dinners and the price was acceptable.

Wishing you both a smooth and ontime flight home with lots of good memories from your time in Italy.
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

We're home now, after a long day of smooth flights, and I can't quit thinking about the risotto milanese from that dinner! Once I get my photos uploaded I'll get a trip report going. There will definitely be a photo of that risotto...
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:28 AM

Hello again, jent! It is good to hear you had good flights. I will so be happy to see your pictures and especially of the risotto. Of course it will leave me craving the food of Italy, I do that anyway, constantly! I imagine you two will also. Wishing you a relaxing weekend.