Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best 9-10 day tour to Vienna, Prague, and Budapest

Old Feb 21st, 2020, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in traveling to these 3 cities.I am a single woman, mid 50s, and would prefer an all-inclusive tour. I am active and open to new experiences. Had previously traveled with husband (UK, Paris, Ireland, Iceland, and Poland) independently. Newly widowed, I am no longer interested in an independent travel experience. I am starting to live my new life and this would be a big step for me. I would now prefer to take a guided tour. Thinking of going in March of 2021. The scheduled dates are open; traveling in March seems to be a good time price-wise. Looking for a reasonable tour that provides an enjoyable all-around experience. Does anyone have any suggestions for a memorable tour that is worthy of these Imperial cities? Thanks in advance for any/all help.

Lily Miller,
Minneapolis, MN

Last edited by colliegirl; Feb 21st, 2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About the only company i would consider for a tour of Europe is Rick Steves. His tours are energetic, but the guides are great, and the hotels are central. He doesn't have the three cities you mention, but it would be easy to add Vienna to this one with a short train ride:

https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/eas...rague-budapest
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!!
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 06:06 PM

I think it is important to have clear criteria about what sort of tour you would enjoy. For me that means things like a relaxed schedule, free time, small central hotels, etc, etc. Everyone has a different wish list. You could perhaps try a tour with Intrepid: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/cz...-europe-124051 My one and only tour was with Intrepid (not this one) and I had a fantastic time. The age range varies (on ours it was mid-20s to early-50s but it can be anything). I think the Comfort tours would attract an older demographic and these are the sorts of places where young independent travellers would be less likely to take a tour at all. For me, 9/10 days is a bit short to see all three so I would definitely add some time at the beginning and end of the tour if at all possible.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 06:12 PM

I understand your desire for a tour but I travelled solo for the first time in my late 50's and it was wonderful. I did take some trouble to work out how to get from A to B before leaving home and I booked my accommodation in advance. I think using both tours and travelling independently is a good mix for solo travellers. And including some half day local tours is often great too.

Anyway there are many companies out there (with wildly varying prices and inclusions) and I'm sure that if you find a tour you like, you could always seek feedback on it from this forum or others.